Public School 84 Queens, originally constructed in the early 1900’s, was so modified over the years that it was no longer landmark eligible when this project started. This exterior reconstruction restored the school to a landmark eligible status, while solving extensive water infiltration.
All face wythe masonry was replaced, and much of the terracotta detail was replaced with cast stone replicas, with a continuous membrane and narrow-cavity drainage plane behind. A historically accurate cornice was produced in glass fiber-reinforced concrete. All damaged interior finishes were replaced.