Current Job Openings:
Intermediate Architect + Construction Administration
Nelligan White Architects is a 20‐person firm located in New York’s Flatiron district. The majority of our design work is focused on municipal, cultural, education, and multi‐residential housing projects, and we have been recognized for our expertise in resilience master planning and sustainability. We are seeking a technical architect at the intermediate level for Construction Administration.
Ideal applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent AutoCAD and drafting skills
- 4+ years of experience in construction administration including but not limited to on-site construction experience, reviewing mock-ups, and performing fieldwork.
- Highly motivated.
- Previous work experience with all phases of design and construction administration.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication.
- Be a conceptual thinker with strong technical skills (design and drawing).
- Experience providing detailed construction documents is desirable.
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Has completed or is interested in completing IDP.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Project site visits, submittal review, RFI responses, and meeting minutes.
- Site observations and building inspections.
- Prepare original architectural plans, diagrams, and data visualization.
- Perform limited design assignments under general supervision.
- Independently evaluate, select and apply standard planning techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Using judgment for minor adaptations and modifications.
- Recommend procedures in planning matters.
- Work from plans/designs of others to compile data and perform design computations.
- Assist in writing specifications.
- Receives instruction on specific assignment objectives and independently provides solutions for these objectives.
- Support more senior planners and architects on large projects.
- Project management to coordinate with consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Minimum of 6 years experience having performed the responsibilities outlined above with a professional degree in Architecture, and licensed Architects preferred.
- Excellent drafting, AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills required.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and ability to grasp complex functional program requirements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well in a team environment with a collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle a plus.
Apply with the following items attached as one PDF in a zip file, Please enter “Construction Administration Architect” in the subject line.
- Cover letter.
- Resume in PDF format
- Portfolio and work samples include renderings and construction document samples.
- Salary requirements
- Two references that you have worked directly with in the last five years.
Located in the heart of the Flatiron District, Nelligan White Architects is a 20-person firm with diverse clients and committed coworkers. Our talented staff is dedicated to producing high-caliber work in both the public and private sectors.
Nelligan White Architects offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes: medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, disability insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation. This is a full‐time, exempt position.
Nelligan White Architects, PLLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. Nelligan White Architects expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.