PS 171 M is a landmark quality building designed in the collegiate gothic style in 1899 by C.B.J. Snyder.
Recent work included the complete replacement of the 20,048 square foot roof, using vapor barrier with terracotta tile roofing. The appurtenant masonry and accessories were also replaced. In addition, we provided the design to turn the adjacent paved lot into a play area, complete with a running track, synthetic turf play area, tree-lined accessible walkways, concrete bleacher seating and vegetable gardens.