Built between 1891 and 1895, the Park Slope Armory is the original home of the 14th Regiment. This project’s exterior reconstruction was part of an emergency stabilization and building upgrade for the Department of Design and Construction and Department of Homeless Services. Because no accurate base drawings were available the firm prepared base drawings using computer rectified photogrammetry.
Since its restoration, the Armory has been transformed from a derelict building into one of the city’s largest community recreation and education centers, and continues to house a dormitory for homeless women.
The armories projects received an Organizational Excellence in Historic Preservation Award from the Preservation League of New York State and the Lucy G. Moses Award from the New York Landmarks Conservancy.