The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner was built in 1959 and is steel and reinforced concrete framed structure. The walls primarily consist of 8” CMU backup followed by two wythes of brick.
An aluminum metal cladding occurs at select locations. The six story building serves as the OCME’s headquarters and houses executive offices, the mortuary, autopsy rooms, X-Ray/photography facilities, as well as toxicology and histology laboratories. We recommended installing rainscreens. This system of assembly required preparation of backup with flashing, liquid applied waterproof membrane, installation of framing (brackets), installation of insulation and finally, application of the rainscreen.