Originally Public School 28, this historic building was one of the three rural school buildings designed by Architect C.B.J. Snyder. Constructed in 1908 in the Tudor Revival style, the Richmond archive is the last remaining former free standing rural schoolhouse in the city. In addition to flooding, severe cracking in the masonry, and a damaged roof, many of the windows were inoperable and, in the worst instances, falling to pieces. The restoration effort includes replacing all damaged windows and doors, replacing the masonry parapet and roof membrane, and installing new window guards. This project is currently in design phase.