PS 204 was originally constructed in 1929; consisting of 4 floors in an ‘L’-shaped plan configuration. A 1999 SCA-designed addition consisting of 3 floors, modified the building into a ‘U’-shaped plan configuration. Recently, the school has reported damage to the interior related to water infiltration issues, as well as cracking of the exterior masonry façade. Flooding of 3”-4” of standing water was reported in rooms 103 and 104 during the months of August and October in 2011. The school has also reported water ponding at several locations within the concrete schoolyard.