Shepard Hall is a state and federal architectural landmark designed by George B. Post in 1907. This reconstruction consists of numerous phases spanning more than 20 years. It was begun by The Stein Partnership and continued by Stein White Architects and Stein White Nelligan Architects. Work included the removal and replacement of 65,000 pieces of deteriorated Gothic revival terra cotta with new replicas comprised of thin shell glass fiber–reinforced concrete.